Friday, June 16, 2006

knowing me

i’ve had some time to ponder things today…one of those things was me and how i must project via the net…not sure how that is, but there are bits and pieces of me in the entries i write, whether i’m writing about honeysuckle, or friends, or anything that means something to me. but you can’t really know a person through this medium. it is at best a one dimensional representation. and there are some who might be reading who have met me not once, but many times…

but who am i? if no one else who thought they knew wonders…i do.

i’ve been told many things. i’ve been called inherently sweet, and that may have some merit. by the same token, i’ve been called a bitch, and that might be true too, but i do know while i was being one, my heart wasn’t in it. i’ve been called a poet, but i haven’t seen that side of me in a while, so you have to wonder if what we are is transient, or if bits and pieces of us surge and recede when it’s time for other parts of the puzzle to come into play. i may be a bit of a philosopher. as hazy as these are, some aspects are crystal.

i am a lover of music, art, animals. i am a sensual being who loves textures and scents, flavors, colors and words. i am a creature who likes cozy and warm, a water child who revels in its bouyance, and i am a child of nature who is as comfortable among the hollies and beside a lake as i am by a fireplace. a part of me is pagan, rejoicing in the vibrance of autumn, transitioning into its starkness as easily as turning the page - another chapter of a beautiful book.

i give…unconditionally. i’m happy for others’ good fortune, and if i’ve said to you i love you, i meant it with all my heart and for more than the moment it took to speak the words.

i have a need to see the goodness in others, and to value and celebrate them and their role in my life.

i am strong and vulnerable, and sometimes i have to remember to protect myself. it has taken a long time to know my own value, but it was worth the wait.

No comments: