Sunday, June 11, 2006

it's the little things

my marriage has been bumpy.  there, i said it.  and there was a time or ten that i threw my hands up and gave up on it, and sometimes i still throw my hands up...and then something happens that makes me put them back down...

we fell alseep on top of the bedspread last night because it was warm in the house.  and this morning, i woke up with a blanket covering me...it was cool in the room, and i must have been cold and didn't know it - but he did.  and he covered me so i would be warmer.

such a simple act of love (how could it be anything else?) and yet...it's such a large thing in the scheme of a marriage or relationship.

i have just come to realize how important those little (large) things are, just when i had given up on them so many years ago.  and now they're back and reciprocal, and damned if they don't work this time around...

i know what it's all about, now.  the little things.

No comments: