Saturday, June 3, 2006

a flashlight named mary

there is no doubt in my mind that the same blood in my veins runs through sara's.  this morning, she and joshua were playing catch the fairy - something i've never heard of. they shine the flashlight on the floor or walls and move around quickly - and one tries to catch it.

well, sara calls the flashlight "mary".  and after josh was tired of playing, she decided it was my turn to pay attention to mary.  "if you don't play, mary's going away and you'll never see her again!" 

well, poor mary's batteries were getting kind of low and i pointed that out to sara.  "look - she's tired.  mary needs to rest a little bit so she can shine later."

and she turned it off, rocked the flashlight and instructed me to be quiet so mary could sleep.

i have never done that, but i do name my appliances, cars, etc. 

and it might be a wise idea to invest in a baby doll for the child.  i have no toys in this house, forcing my granddaughter to adopt instruments of illumination.

No comments: