Sunday, June 4, 2006

busy busy busy

i'm ready for that vacation to new jersey now, but i've had a great time getting that way.  the kids had a blast this weekend.  sara has been so sweet, and josh spent the night with uncle steve and brandon..and the x-box.  that kid is so smart.  i talked with his dad and we discussed how gifted he is.  apparently, the school wants to move him up a couple of grades, but jeremy doesn't want that just yet.  and i can't blame him, really.  hard to believe he's only 7.

he told me - you're not like a grandma.  and i was getting a little bit upset that he would feel that way until he told me - grandma's are supposed to be slow.  you beat my high score on pin ball!

and so, my weekend is almost over now.  the house isn't quite a wreck, but it was worth everything i didn't get done to spend some time with the children.  i remember what it was like to be a mom all those years ago when my own were small.

only now, it's better, because i can take off at a moment's notice or plan for a vacation in new jersey or have coffee at the picnic table and still give as much as is needed of me.

No comments: