Sunday, March 11, 2007

Starting Over.

I have around...3 weblogs - 4, if you count the one I set up on MSN and just can't seem to use.  I do, however, like their downloadable writing program.  Tinkering with it is fun.  BUT ANYWAY - I had originally created this one for poetry.  And then I decided, since it was low profile and nobody really knows about it, I would use it for whatever.  Yes, I could do the same thing privately, but you know what...it's a psychological thing.  I had gotten so used to having pen pals to write or posting on boards that somehow, I'm more prolific doing journals online than writing privately.  Perhaps this little blog is a step toward that.  And now that I have worked through self-analysis (omigod, that could take years), down to business.

I am a vain creature.  I like sparkles, bangles and jangles and dangly jewelry, make-up and am forever on a diet and falling off the wagon after significant weight loss.  It's definitely not a healthy way, but I've done it again.  My jeans are getting snug.  Not only that, but I have noticed (ouch) that the tendon at the back of my right ankle has become increasingly painful.  And I noticed I was shuffling when I walked, or limping and that just won't do.  And walking up the hill to the hospital every morning (have you ever noticed that most hospitals are built on top of hills) left me so breathless, I prayed that nobody would say good morning in the hallway, because that meant I would have to speak.  Try speaking when you still can't breathe.

At the other prison, I was up and down stairs all day.  I could sprint across to the other units in no time flat, and boy was my butt tight.  All that was a year ago, March 1, and now it's time to get myself back on track before hospital life kills me.

I started south beach diet (again) 1 week ago.  The fatigue is improved, my foot doesn't hurt so much and I breathe better coming up the hill.  That's after 1 week, mind you.  I have begun an exercise program, but still have a way to go on that.  I'm just not disciplined enough.

And I have noticed...little things we do for ourselves help, too.  Lipstick.  That makes me feel a bit better about appearance.  A long soak in the tub (when there's time).  A good book.  Hey, a facial and a new pair of earrings.  :-D

The important thing is health.  When you feel better and look better, you do a better job for everybody else, and that's what this is about.  For me, and the people who need me.

No comments: