Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Made it!

It wasn't such a bad day, after all.  The census has been low at work, not many discharges and hardly any admissions for the last few days.  That seems to be the part of my job I like least - taking care of the census.  Pull the card or assign a medical record number, type in the information, make ID labels and bracelet and create a folder for admissions.  For discharges, you pull the folder from the filing room, tag it with the year sticker...type the info on the card and tag that.  Doesn't sound hard, does it?

I hate it.  I don't know why.

The best part of the job is transcription.  Man, can my fingers fly...it's a challenge, too, with the different accents and some of the terminology.  Neisseria meningitidis - a causative agent of meningitis.  See what I mean?  It's interesting.  It's meaty.  Makes me wish I had gone into some field of medicine, but I'm happy with the terminology, and I study from there, just so I'll know what the doctors are talking about, and because I am curious.

And now dinner is out of the way, and it's unwind time. 

Day 11 of the diet.  Sticking to it!

No comments: