Thursday, July 3, 2008

Because I feel like it...

Not a bad week.  I've been around the internet a little more this week than usual.  Lately, my daughter-in-law is online in my stead.  Where to start emptying the week...

We got Mom and Dad moved to the smaller house this week.  Mom was so excited - it was like Christmas, something new to her in every room.  That made us feel good.  I can only imagine the peace and quiet will be another package to open and revel in.  She has a spring in her step, now, and has actually been shopping.  Dad isn't as enthusiastic as she is, though.  He misses his own house.  The smaller house will probably never really be home to him, but he'll get used to it, and there again, the peace of it all should do him good.

I decided not to move into the big house (no pun intended, I go to the big house every day).  I'm not quite ready to move all my junk, only to have to move it again, later, when it becomes necessary.  I have 23 years worth of stuff here...

I joined a couple of groups on a community started by a local television station.  Posted up piece I did on Lacy, and someone commented "You should do this professionally, if you don't already."  That made me feel good.  At the same time, I don't know that I have it in me to write anything worthy.

Talking to Wilkins on the ramp outside of South Unit while on a smoke break...rather, Wilkins was talking to me.  He has found in me a captive audience - again, no pun intended.  The man can talk for hours and say nothing.  I might give up smoking.  He's a nice man, it's just hard to escape from him.

Dad goes on hospice next week. 

 

 

2 comments:

abaleman666 said...

i am sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.  i am watching a close friend go through battle with his own personal demons, and lost a friend last fall in a similar circumstance.  


when my grandma was in hospice i started bereavement counseling before she passed. it helped.


visit the rant for a slightly sarcastic side of life.  rated r because i really have a potty mouth.

helmswondermom said...

Sorry I didn't see this entry sooner.  I'm so glad your mom enjoyed moving into the smaller house, and I hope it is good for your dad.  I don't blame you for not wanting to move right now.
Lori